Performance Issues

It works now, thanks.

Hello - I can’t seem to get Chrono Cross Disc 1 to load today. Was working fine yesterday, but now once the game loads it gets stuck and I can’t load any saved states.

Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.2

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve been in touch with the player developer and they say they’re looking into it. At this time, the best way to work around the problem is to install an adblocker extension for your browser. When it’s turned on, you can play the game. I recommend uBlock Origin for Chrome.

I’ll have an update once I hear back from the developer which I hope is sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the tip - that worked!

1 Like

The bug has been squashed! :bug: :hiking_boot: :boom: :skull_and_crossbones:

Feel free to go ahead and disable those ad blockers whenever you get the chance :wink:

So this is a known issue with the game but on FF8 disc 3 right after the Lunar Cry FMV the games freezes. The astronaut will still float by but you can’t move. I’ve had this issue on multiple sites. Anyone got any tips or have a save file after that event?
Running Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (64 bit)

1 Like

I was actually unaware of that problem. I could try loading up different FF8 disc 3 versions which may help - problem is I’ll need to play up to that point in order to test.

To speed things up, can you send me a save game file you obtained from the site? You can add it to your save game section from your profile page and I’ll just snag it off of the server. A Dropbox link works as well - whatever you’re comfortable with.

Hopefully there’s a version out there that’s bug free. Thanks for the heads up on this! :beers::video_game:

I came across this post that might be worth checking out while I wait for that game save.

See the post by “deegan87” near the bottom here: Final Fantasy 8 Lunar Cry freezes after fmv... - FpseCE Forum

The player has the ability to switch between NTSC and PAL regions which might provide a possible solution. I could see if adding a PAL region version of disc 3 will work but I’ll still need that game save in order to try things out.

Keep us posted if you have any luck getting past that bugged out portion of the game. :beers::video_game:

Unfortunately I’ve tried all the fixes I could find online but no luck. I tried it again just to test, nothing. I added a save file right before the lunar cry on my profile. And thanks for doing some research on the issue.

1 Like

so there is an issue im having on final fantasy 9 disc 3. there seems to be a cutscene thats supposed to show and it ends up freezing. i ususally play on opera but i tried chrome and the game wouldnt even load.

1 Like

Thanks for uploading that game save.

I’ll start experimenting with different regions and hopefully I’ll come across something that works. After looking around online for a bit, I’m not sure how we’ll be able to fix this one as all solutions have so far come with changing some setting within RetroArch

Thanks for letting us know. Apparently it’s a known bug within the game that can happen on legit disc copies. I’ve only seen some iffy suggestions online like mashing the buttons a ton of times (but would only work 1 out of 10 times) and other such non-solutions.

I heard of some fixes out there that would require using RetroArch to change some core settings around - something I unfortunately can’t do.

well that stinks. #9 is one of the few FF games i havent played. Getting halfway thru just to not be able to load a cutscene really sucks. thank you anyway for looking into it for me.

Shit, sorry - for some reason I thought you were talking about FF8 :man_facepalming:

Since I haven’t heard of any problems with that particular disc yet, I’ll try swapping it out with another version and will let you know when it’s ready to try out. Thanks for the heads up!

lmao its ok. 8 is def one of my favorites but im trying to play 9.

I swapped out the FF9 disc 3 with another version. Give it another shot when you have the time and let us know if that fixed things up :crossed_fingers:

I hate to say it but no things are not fixed. sorry it took me so long to reply. i had to play thru the first 2 discs again bc of the new code i guess. i hope this can be fixed but if i have to start over on disc 1 again im just not going to worry about it. i have played disc1 3 times now and disc 2 twice. im well over 48 hrs of gameplay and it just doesnt seem worth it. thanks again. love your site just need to move on to another game lol.

1 Like

Marshall,
I have a save right before the final boss (fight literally starts after one sentence). Unfortunately. I don’t have a save other than the beginning of the game but at least you could see the ending if you would like. I already tested it on this site and loads up fine. My team is Zidane, Freya, Steiner, and Garnet. You can’t change party members or equipment but they all have best weapons and all their skills. Let me know and I can email it to you. Also where is the game crashing? I’m just curios, I had a small issue on disc 2 before but it only happened once.

1 Like

That’s really interesting. I’m stumped as to why it works for some and not others :confused:

I’d actually be interested in checking out your game save since I doubt I’ll have the time to ever finish it any time soon.

On that note, I’ve been thinking about adding a save game dump of sorts so members can share their game saves with others if they’d like. It would come in handy if people were stuck or just interested in visiting or re-visiting certain parts of games without having to grind to get there.

Actually my save is from another website but it has the same file type .ggz and works fine here. I haven’t played FF9 on here yet. I’ll upload the save to my profile. If you do play it, the characters are not max level but plenty powerful enough to win and keep in mind Zidane’s Thievery, Freya’s Dragon Crest, and Steiner’s Shock. :grin: Oh and a way to upload files to share with everyone would be cool.