Having trouble loading disc 2 of Grandia

After I finished the first disc of Grandia I followed the instructions for loading the second, yet was met with a “launching” message on the emulator. I left a comment on the Youtube video with instructions for changing psx discs and was told to leave a message here with my save so that it could be found easily. To the admin that may be helping me: thanks for the patience
my .ggz file of “change disc” screen:
Grandia (USA) (Disc 1) (16).ggz (1.9 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for posting and letting us know about the problem. I’ll take a look and will get back to you asap!

Hi again! It’s been almost a month so I just wanted to check to see if you’ve managed to find a solution to my problem? I wanted to ask again because I recently tried to swap discs again yet I was met with the same issue.

1 Like

Sorry @Thenos , I tried for a few hours on that day and was feeling pretty shitty about not finding a fix. Looks like it may be stuck indefinitely at this time.

I tried several PAL versions along with a few other combinations. Here’s a list of all the Grandia ROMS I tried with no luck:

Sony.PlaySation.Redump.Grandia.France.Disc.2.PAL-LPd
Sony.PlaySation.Redump.Grandia.Germany.Disc.2.PAL-LPd
Sony.PlaySation.Redump.Grandia.Europe.Disc.2.PAL-LPd
Sony.PS1.Grandia.USA.Disc.2.USA.NTSC-LFd
Sony.Playstation.Collection.Grandia.(USA).(Disc.2).zip-HMLG

If anyone has had any luck loading disc 2 of Grandia for the PSX on their own PC emulator, please let us know so we might be able to see what’s going on.

Alright, it’s a shame that that’s the way things are for now, but I appreciate you checking into the issue.

I would be interested in any solution as well, experiencing the same.