Legend of Dragoon Freeze

Hello, I’m playing Legend of Dragoon, and I’m near the end of disk 2 and I get a black screen with nothing to see

https://emubrowser.com/games/psx/legend-dragoon

Same here, cannot take the blue stone in the chamber at the right side inside Black Castle cause black screen.
It’s very unpleasant because without getting in is not possible to continue the game line.
I tried to load the game many times but nothing, same problem at the same room.
I hope it will be fixed soon.
Let me know for updating, please.

Many thanks

2 Likes

I cannot take the blue stone in the chamber at the right side inside Black Castle cause black screen.
It’s very unpleasant because without getting in is not possible to continue the game line.
I tried to load the game many times but nothing, same problem at the same room.

Just to permit you to check the issue carefully, you will find my save in attachment.
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 1).ggz (2.0 MB)

I hope it will be fixed soon.
Let me know for updating, please.

Many thanks

Same here my dude… used to have this problem near the end of disk 2 now near the end of disk 1

I’m also getting the black screen when I go to see Mr. Magi. It’s really vexing to have a plot critical part not working because of a glitch/softlock. But I do appreciate that this site put in the effort to bring back this game from my childhood. Thank you, and please, I hope this issue is fixed soon so I can continue enjoying this and many other games.

1 Like

I also have the same problem, I see since April they have not fixed it. I hope they fix it soon cuz i was so excited to play the whole game :frowning:

1 Like

Same here, in Gigantos Home after the first battle I get a black screen

I assume this issue still isnt resolved as I am getting same black screen at end of Disc 1

1 Like

Are you playing v1.1 or v1? Both or are broken in some way from what I can gather, but one might allow you to progress further.

Version 1.0 - https://emubrowser.com/games/psx/legend-dragoon - black screen at end of disc 2
Version 1.1 - https://emubrowser.com/games/psx/legend-dragoon-v11 - black screen at end of disc 1

Unfortunately there is no fix (or will there ever be, from me at least) to apply to these problems that will allow you to beat the game.

Just a heads up that game saves won’t work between diff versions.

Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 4) (13).ggz (2.1 MB)

1 Like

Hey fellas,

I’m having the freeze issue as well. Location is at the town of Lohan, specifically all doors on the left side of the town. Kind of odd, if you ask me. I would’ve uploaded my save file but it won’t allow me on here since I’m a new user.

Im in Forbidden Land on disc 3 and every time i take the next teleporter to go fight grand jewel it just sits with a black screen and the teleporting sound in the background.
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 3) (13).ggz (2.0 MB)

please dont split my posts when no one has replied or help me with it!

1 Like

Yep me too i hope it gets fixed soon i miss playing this game

Hello I am trying to do a playthrough of legend of Dragoon but it black screens at the blue stone room before getting to emperor Doel. Is there some shortcut save someone has I can use to get past it? It seems this problem has been here since 2020 and it wont be getting fixed. Does anyone know of a better site to play all 4 discs on?

1 Like

Here’s what I can do with this one:

• Replace this version with the 1.1 that was up on the previous site. I don’t know if that fixed this/the problem(s); and you’d still have to start from the beginning again, but it’s something.

• Delete the game.

If y’all think we can simply edit these games and fix problems with the emulation system, you’re giving us far too much credit.

Let me know your thoughts on replacing the existing game, subsequently having to begin again. Might be worth it, might be another huge waste of time (not counting of course that the timing of those attacks will be unquestionably amazing by now).

A member @Jiujitsu found a work around that might help. They’ve progressed to disc 4 so far. I encourage you to take a read through some of this thread to see if you can emulate their success - [SOLVED] The Legend of Dragoon Disc 2 - #24 by EmuBro

Did you end up finding a better site that worked for you? Cause…uh… it looks like it’s working for us. Ya got some real nerve just casually dropping that on our forum…

Its more easy than i was expecting. I am playing this game right now and i have the black screen problem to get the blue stone.

Here is what i did to get the stone.

Ive memory card saved in the room where you put the stones, then i closed the emulator, opened again and loader the memory card save (not file state). Then i ran at the room and no more black screen.

Hope it works with you guys

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, but how did you get the memory card? When I try to do the save in the room and reset the game the save is not there.

1 Like

Try this possible solution: Legend of Dragoon - Disc 4 Won't Load - #2 by nevehts

I believe they’re referring to the same issue you might be having.

Here’s a more detailed explanation that might help with the freezing issue you’re having: