Resident Evil 2 - no prompt for disc change

Hi, thank you for putting together this awesome collection!

I really enjoyed playing through Resident Evil 2 and was trying to initiate the “B scenarios” which are unlocked by first completing the game with the opposite character (and opposite game disc). Unfortunately, unlike games like Final Fantasy 7-9/MGS/etc. that have an intermission screen where they prompt a disc change, RE2 seems to just have you save to the memory card, switch discs, and load accordingly from the memory card. I tried as many ways as I could to try to save/load as described in your instructions and as logged below, but had no success in loading up the “B scenarios” for either character. Has anyone else succeeded with this or have any suggestions?

Attempted:

1. After completing Disc 2 (Claire A) and saving to typewriter/memory card, clicked the disc change icon, clicked download save state (.ggs) (conscious of the message that says it will only work if game prompts for disc change), then clicked switch to Disc 1 (Leon) and reloaded page, clicked “Upload Save Satet” and selected the .ggs file, and after loading it gets stuck on “Launching” for 20+ minutes before I gave up and assumed it was stuck.
  2. Downloaded Saved state on completed Disc 2 (Claire A) on main menu/typewriter save/load screen (.ggz), Loading Disc 1 (Leon) page, uploading save file (.ggz and tried manually loading .ggs as in #1) = save slot appears on 2x3 load file display with screenshot, timestamp, etc, but it would not load presumably since it was a save file for Disc 2. With the .ggz it would let me load the typewriter/main menu screen but would go black if I selected “Load Game” in the main menu right after the voice says the classic “Resident Evil… Two”
  3. Also tried loading .ggz and .ggs file manually in Disc 2 version, says “That’s Leon’s save data” or something to that effect.
  4. Repeated these steps a few times, couldn’t think of another way to attempt…

Chrome Version: 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (x86_64)
also tried Brave Browser: Version 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Mac OSX Catalina: 10.15.7

https://emubrowser.com/games/psx/resident-evil-2

I’d be excited to continue playing the “B scenarios” if you have any suggestions for how to do this, but either way it was really fun playing and I appreciated the effort and thought you’ve put into making these games available like this! You rock!

1 Like

Just including a save file here in case it would be helpful: Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Disc 2) (1).ggz (1.7 MB)