Zelda: Ocarina of Time - can't aim finely enough with keyboard for water temple

Hi, thanks for making these games available, it has been great to play them!

I am playing the OoT and am mapping the joystick to keys on my keyboard. The issue I’ve run into is that the keys seem to “move the joystick” in quanta that are coarser than necessary for the task I’ve run into where I have to shoot a button and then quickly and from a distance use the “longshot” grappling hook to pass through the door. From the place I have to stand when I aim, the longshot target is either slightly above or below where I aim, because if I give the lightest touch to the up or down keys it jumps just a little too far.

Is there a setting I can adjust to make the sensitivity of the keys slightly less?

Thank you!

1 Like

Can you upload a game save where it’s right at the exact part you’re mentioning? You should be able to drag/drop the save file into your reply.

Although I don’t have an answer for this, I’d still like to try it out to have a better understanding of the problem. There’s an “Accuracy” option in the player settings that I’m not quite sure about. Perhaps you can set to something different and see if that makes a difference?

Thank you! I just uploaded to the repository and am dropping a copy here - Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0) [!] (8) (1).ggz (1.8 MB)

I’m using a macbook pro with it’s native keyboard to map the keys to the joystick/buttons, and unfortunately don’t own any game controllers/joysticks. I tried to play with the “Accuracy” setting but didn’t figure out whether that was accuracy of controls vs some visual or color setting. Thanks for your help and please let me know if I can send anything else (screen captures/other info) that could be helpful. The red dot that aims the hookshot seems to either be just above or just below the target you have to hit here on my computer. Thanks!

Man it was tricky but I figured it out! I had to shoot the arrow, then switch to the hook, then hold space bar to get into a 3rd person view, aim up and let the cursor slowly move down to cover the target area and shoot.

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0) - PAST_GATE_WITH_HOOK.ggz (2.0 MB)

Enjoy your continued adventures throughout the Kingdom of Hyrule!

1 Like

Excellent work!!! Thank you so much for solving this! You rock!

1 Like